Prof. Liselotte Mettler Course Director for Medafia IVF Courses
Prof Liselotte Mettler is an Austrian-German surgeon who specializes in endocrinology, reproductive medicine, gynecological endoscopy and gynecological oncology. Mettler is a professor emeritus for the Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics at Kiel University, Germany. Currently she is the course director for our Medafia IVF courses.
Obstetrician | Gynecologist
- High-risk Pregnancy management
- Management of Menopausal Symptoms
- Miscarriage and Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
- Polycystic Ovarian Disease Management
- Treatment of Female Hormonal Problems
- Minimally Invasive & Laparoscopic Surgery
- Treatment of women with bladder problems
- Ovarian Insufficiency & Abnormal Vaginal Bleeding
- Female Infertility Treatment and Reproductive Services
Prof. Liselotte Mettler is known for her combination of immense medical knowledge and ability, combined with the kind of sensitivity and compassion that is crucial for a doctor dealing with highly intimate matters requiring real discretion.
She was born in Vienna, Austria. From 1959-1981 she conducted her medical studies, doctorate, gynecological specialist training, habilitation, and professorship in Tübingen, Vienna, and Kiel.
After receiving her doctorate in 1967, she quickly distinguished herself as a valuable asset in the medical world as both a researcher and a surgeon, becoming one of the first to perform laparoscopic hysterectomies in Europe. From 1981-2008 she was Deputy Director of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University Hospitals Schleswig-Holstein. From 1990 – 2008 she was Director of the Kiel School of Gynecological Endoscopy and also Head of the Kiel Gynecological Endocrinology and Reproductive Medicine Division.
She is General Secretary of the International Academy of Human Reproduction, Honorary member of IFFS, Senator of ESGE.
Her main fields of activity are reproductive medicine, gynecological endoscopy, and gynecological endocrinology. Prof. Mettler is actively participating in many societies and organizations.
- International Academy of Human Reproduction (General Secretary)
- International Federation of Fertility Societies
- European Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- German and European Societies of Gynecological Endoscopy and Reproductive Medicine
- World Endometriosis Society
Click Here to get to know more.